Women Incubation, Startups and Entrepreneurship (WISE) for Women Entrepreneurs was established in 2020, as a centre to foster creativity and entrepreneurship by transforming and converting inventive and creative ideas from young women’s minds into various science and engineering disciplines in order to achieve excellence in research, products, processes and services.
The empowerment of women has become the core element of an economy’s growth. With women moving forward, the family moves, the village moves and the nation moves. Therefore, by way of their economic emancipation, raising the status of women is strongly needed.
As more and more women are getting to know the benefits of entrepreneurial activity, a silent Renaissance is sweeping across all the sectors resulting in larger participation. The participation of women in business activities transforms the quality and the structure of the workforce and the society as a whole. It boosts female career development, self-realization and job creation.
Through WISE, IIITMK will make it easier to incubate new businesses with innovative technology by offering financial, physical, technological and infrastructure seed support.
Eligibility for women entrepreneurs is as follows,
- The woman co-founder should have the majority stake in the startup
- The startup should be registered in Kerala
As an incubator, IIITMK/WISE will provide the following facilities Infrastructure and Office support
- Physical facilities with furnished office space
- Computing and communication facilities
- Clerical assistance and Office facilities such as photocopy, stationary etc.
- Any specific Software/App or tools as per demand
Training and Information resources
- Training for the startup team on various aspects related to new business venture.
- Access to information resources and databases for competitive intelligence,market research,patent and trademark etc.
Consultancy: Experienced consultants provide assistance in the following area
- Strategic planning
- Market research
- Marketing strategy
- Business promotion
- Financial planning
- Manpower planning and recruitments
- Identification of potential partners and alliances