Spreading the spirit of entrepreneurship and innovations among the youth, Maker Village – IIITMK invites proposals from students and aspiring entrepreneurs to nurture their innovations and transform their knowledge and ideas into a successful business model being part of our vibrant startup ecosystem. Maker Village – IIITMK is one of the largest electronic hardware incubator and ESDM facility in the country under MeitY, which is a pioneering startup initiative of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India with Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Trivandrum as the implementation agency. The Maker Village has office facilities in Kochi and Trivandrum.
About TIDE 2.0
Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurship (TIDE 2.0) is a scheme introduced by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India with the agenda of strengthening close to 2000 Technology Startups leveraging emerging technologies such as IoT, AI, Blockchain and Robotics. Support is provided to startups in the following selected areas of National concern.
Financial inclusion including digital payments
Infrastructure and transportation
Environment and cleantech, clean energy, and other emerging areas
- Fostering and evangelizing a vibrant entrepreneurship ecosystem that inspires budding entrepreneurs as well as support existing ones.
- Creating entrepreneurship models of both financial as well as social value.
- Providing holistic incubation support including co-working space, mentoring, and networking for startups.
- Providing financial & technical support to transform innovative ideas to prototype.
- Providing financial support to startups to facilitate IPR filings.
- Providing robust Corporate-Startup Business connect platforms for startups.
- Holistic mentorship programs – typically composed of startup executives, venture capitalists, industry experts, academia and other investors.
- Year Round Engagement Programs- Low & Deep Engagement Programs, Challenge Grants, Hackathons, IPR Sensitization and an Annual Global Startup Event.
- Linkages to VC /Angel fund for Emerging Startups.
- Provide platform for students and young entrepreneurs to nurture their innovation to transform knowledge, business and enterprises.
- The applicant must have completed the basic graduation in Basic Sciences/ Engineering.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India with possession of a government approved proof of nationality such as a valid passport, voter’s id etc.
- The applicant may be individual innovator or a startup. ( startup should be less than 5 years old as on the date of application)
- The applicant (if not a startup) must be willing to incorporate a company within 3 months of the acceptance of the Grant.
- The grant support should not be utilized as a make shift arrangement to support academic pursuits or to transition between jobs.
- Preferences will be given to Woman entrepreneurs for TIDE 2.0 .
- Students are encouraged to apply and take up the start up journey leveraging emerging technologies.
Infrastructure and Office support
- Physical facilities with furnished office space
- Computing and communication facilities
- Clerical assistance and Office facilities such as photocopy, stationery etc
- Any specific Software/App or tools(if available) as per demand
Training and Information resources
- Training for the startup team on various aspects related to new business ventures
- Access to information resources and databases for competitive intelligence,market research,patent and trademark etc
Consultancy – Experienced consultants will provide assistance in the following area
- Strategic planning
- Market research
- Marketing strategy
- Business promotion
- Financial planning
- Manpower planning and recruitments
- Identification of potential partners and alliances
Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs (TIDE) 2.0 - SCHEMES
Financial support in the form of Entrepreneur-in-residence (EIR) , Grants and Investments are to be provided to startups as part of this scheme. The program support is for 12 months ( This may be extended in special cases with approval from the committee by reviewing the performance)
TIDE 2.0 GRANT
TIDE 2.0 EIR
The program mainly targets a valid PoC to be transformed to a prototype or a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) by providing ample opportunities and support in terms of product development assistance, access to technical experts and mentoring. Thus the program provides facility for the development of PoC/ready product thus bridging the gap between idea and prototype funding. Grant of 7 lakhs to be provided for the selected.
Program Timeline: 12 Months (May be extended to 18 months in special cases with approval from the committee)
The main objective of the program is to nurture the students & startups innovation by validation and development of their idea. The program provides a support platform for the aspiring entrepreneurs to develop their innovation through a technology enabling environment having access to a fellowship grant of 4 lakhs, networks, mentors and other fellow entrepreneurs.
Program Timeline: 12 Months