Mr.Radhakrishnan.T is working as Assistant Professor in IIITM-K. He holds Masters in Geography and M.Tech in Remote Sensing. His key teaching/research areas include Geoinformatics, Geospatial Technology Applications, Remote Sensing, Spatial Data Analytics and data modelling, Spatial Statistics, Web GIS, Mapping and Geospatial surveying, Open Source GIS. He had worked in Informations Verarbeitung Leverkusen (IVL) India Pvt.Ltd., and International Engineering Services prior to joining IIITMK in 2006. He is also the Course Coordinator of M.Sc Geoinformatics and Geospatial Analytics. He is also PI for several Geospatial Technology Projects funded by various organizations (Govt.of India and Govt.of Kerala). Conducted over 40 training/capacity building programs in Geoinformatics and related areas. Guided academic projects (M.Tech, B.Tech and MCA). Spearheaded setting up of an advanced and state-of-the-art Geoinformatics Lab in the institute. Published several papers in conferences\symposia. He is a Guest Faculty to institutions like Govt. Engineering College – Barton Hill, College of Engineering-Trivandrum, Institute of Management in Government, State Institute of Rutal Technology and Development, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), etc. He is also Governing Council Member Cyberdome (Kerala Police). He has served as key resource person to over a dozen workshops during the last two years (2016-2018)
- Design and Development of Open Access Web GIS applications as part of the project titled “Redesigning the farmer extension agricultural research/education Continuum in India”, A consortium project under National Agriculture Innovation Project (NAIP) component – 1, Funded by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), 2009-2010
- Establish an Advanced Center For Development and Promotion of Free and Open Source Software for GIS (Foss4gis), funded by Planning Board, Government of Kerala (2011-2016)
- Establishing an R&D facility for Geographic Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery for integrated spatial planning for Kerala, funded by Planning Board, Government of Kerala (2012-2013)
- Web GIS application for Integrated Watershed Management Programme, funded by Kerala State Land Use Board, 2013-2014
- Design, Development and implementation of an Enterprise Geographical Information system for Kerala, funded by Kerala State Land Use Board, 2014-2015
- Design, Development and implementation of Web GIS based Land Resources Information system for Kerala (http://www.kslublris.com) (2011-Ongoing)
- Web GIS Based Disease Mapping for Animal Husbandry Department (2014-Ongoing)
- Developing customizable mobile application using Open Source Technology for spatial data collection funded by Kerala State Land Use Board (2016)
- Web GIS for soil fertility mapping and fertilizer recommendation system for rubber growing regions (Collaborative project between RRII and IIITMK) (2016 – Ongoing)
- Design and Development of Mobile application for fertilizer recommendation and local language incorporation to RubSIS Web Application (Collaborative project between RRII and IIITMK) (2017 – Ongoing)
- Mobile Computing for Geospatial Applications, funded by Planning Board, Government of Kerala
- Center for Geoinformatics funded by Planning Board, Government of Kerala
- Workshop on “Application of Geographical Information system (GIS) in Public Health”, held during 9-11 March, 2018, Organized by Prasanna School of Public Health and Department of Civil Engineering, Manipal Institute of Higher Education
- Training in QGIS to officers of Irrigation Department (training the trainers) from January 8th to 19th, 2018, held at Hotel South Park, Thiruvananthapuram
- Workshop On GIS & Public Health 12 & 13 Oct 2017 Organized By Department Of Public Health, K S Hegde Medical Academy, Nitte University
- Workshop on GIS organized Department of Civil Engineering, College of Engineering, Trivandrum, during Jan 30, 2017.
- Two Day Workshop on “Application of Geographical Information System in Public Health”, held during 7th -8th October,2016, at Mnaipal, organized by Department of Public Health, Manipal University And Department of Civil Engineering, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal University
- Key-note address on “Geospatial Tecchnology and its applications” in International conference on Emerging knowledge society, curricular and technological innovations and practices, Mar Theophilus Training College, Nalanchira, Trivandrum, held on March 3rd 2017
- Four Day training on GIS for the officers of Kerala State Land Use Board is sending the following 1st Feb 2017 to 4th Feb 2017.
- Five Day training on GIS for Technical Staff, Town and Country Planning Department, Government of Kerala from 26th July to 30th July 2016, Organized by Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management – Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram
- Three-day workshop on ‘Geospatial Technologies in Public Health’ for the public health professionals. Held during 9-11 March, 2016 at Achutha Menon Centre for Health Science Studies (AMCHSS), the public health unit of the Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology (SCTIMST).
- Five Day training on GIS for Technical Staff, Town and Country Planning Department, Government of Kerala from 01-03-2016 to 05-03-2016, Organized by Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management – Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram
- Two day training program on GIS and its applications 18-08-2015 and 19-08-2015 in GIS for the officials of various departments jointly organized with Kerala State Land Use board