The CV Raman Laboratory of Ecological Informatics, Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management – Kerala is pleased to announce a workshop in Acoustic Ecology – AVISONA: 2019.
AVISONA 2019 will provide hands on training on the use of various bird recording equipments; guide generation and handling of database; carry out sonic data analysis and interpret the results.
Who Should Attend:
The workshop is open to inspired researchers and enthusiasts, who are interested in acoustic ecology. Being an interdisciplinary domain, we welcome participants from all relevant academic streams viz: engineering, physical, life science, ecology and environmental sciences.
After the successful completion of the workshop the participants will be able to:
1. Independently record bird calls using sonic recorders.
2. Create database for the sonic data recorded.
3. Analyse the acoustic data (R statistical tool)
4. Interpret the results based on analysis.
- Dr. R Jaishanker Professor, Ecological Informatics, IIITM-K
- Mr. Sharad Apte D Bird Call info, Mumbai
- Sajeev C Rajan Researcher, IIITM-K
Registration Fee: Rs. 5900/- (Including GST)
PS: The registration link will remain active till available slots get filled. We envisage batch strength of 25 participants.