Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management – Kerala (IIITM-K) has been approved a research centre under Faculty of technology by Cochin University of Science and Technology Vide Notification No. AcB1/003710/10/IIITMK dated 12.11.2013. The Institute has been conducting Post Graduate courses and undertaking Research projects since 2000 in several advanced areas of IT. The institute provides a vibrant research environment supported by highly qualified faculty members, excellent infrastructure and facilities.
Admission for PhD programmes is open. Application forms which can be obtained from Departments under Faculty of Technology, CUSAT to be submitted to academic office duly filled by the applicant and attested by Research Supervisor on or before December 31, 2020.
Mob No. 81368 66308
For details regarding Eligibility criteria for those who are exempted from appearing for Department Admission Test , Please see page nos 6-8 clause 10 in notification click here . For details with regard to the vacancies and areas of interests of research supervisors click here .
Interview for admissions for students claiming exemption from Department Admission Test is scheduled to be conducted on January 11, 2021
Areas of Research
Intelligent Signals for Medical Imaging, Compressed Sensing, Computer simulation and modeling for Imaging applications in addition to Image Processing /Artificial Intelligence /Machine Learning / Data Mining /Image Processing/Cryptography, Biometrics, Digital Watermarking, Cyber Forensics, Visual Surveillance/ Geo Informatics / Ecological Informatics /Remote sensing.
- Students exempted from Departmental Admission Tests may be admitted at any time during the academic year on submission of applications in the prescribed form.
- PART TIME Registration only for permanent employees of respective institutions
For Admission to the Ph.D Programme:
A candidate must have a Master’s degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks in qualifying examination or a minimum of CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale ( or an equivalent grade in similar scales). A candidate belonging to SC/ST community shall be eligible for concession upto 10% marks in the minimum eligible marks for admission.
Must have cleared the Departmental Admission test (DAT) – conducted annually – in July/August every year and ranked as per the norms. Applications for which need to be submitted before March every year in prescribed application form along with required fees. ( details in www.cusat.ac.in)
Secured a National/Research fellowships from Government of Kerala or Government of India/ by any agencies or by industries recognized by the University with valid score with committed financial assistance at the time of seeking admission.
Qualified UGC-NET Lectureship examination or GATE/ICAR/KSCSTE/CSIR/NBHM/ICSSR.
Foreign Students sponsored under a scholarship scheme by the Government of India for undergoing PhD program in India.
Teachers of Universities/Aided Colleges/Government Institutions /Quasi Government recognized by Cochin University of Science and technology and scientists in National Level research Laboratories with a minimum continuous service of five years as permanent employees.
( For those who are not exempted from test) along with a Research proposal prepared based on format provided
Students who wish to pursue doctoral studies in IIITM-K should forward their applications (downloadable from CUSAT website – www.cusat.ac.in ) through Head of Institution, IIITM-K which will be forwarded to Head, Faculty of Technology , CUSAT .
Separate rank lists will be prepared for Part time and full time research.
Duly filled application forms (downloaded from www.cusat.ac.in) complete with copies of mark sheets/certificates and other testimonials to be submitted to Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management – Kerala , IIITM-K building, Technopark Campus along with a research proposal.
- For those Exempted from Departmental Admission test Researchers will be selected on the basis of research proposal and performance in interview. Separate rank lists will be prepared for Part time and full time students.
- For those who appear for Departmental Admission test
- Based on Applications and research proposals submitted , concerned Faculty of Technology will call you for a Written test and Interview. Only candidates scoring 50% of marks in written test will be ranked. For SC/ST students the minimum eligibility required is 45% of marks in written test. Researchers will be selected on the basis of research proposal and performance in interview.
- The candidate shall appear for an interview before the Research Committee or Sub-committee constituted for this purpose. In case of admission for interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary research the Committee or Sub-committee shall consist of the Research Guide from ‘the other subject who has consented to supervise the candidate.
- The Committee shall assess the student based on his research proposal and award marks as per; his/her performance in the interview. The -committee shall also scrutinize the academic records of the candidate, the research proposal submitted byhim/her in the application, the long term plan of the academic work to be undertaken by the candidate.
- In case there are more than one candidate at a point of time the rank list shall be prepared following the weightage given below:
- Marks obtained in the Master’s Degree level 50%
- Marks obtained in the interview 50%
- The admission lists and the waiting list of all eligible candidates shall be displayed on the notice boards of the respective Departments/Recognized Institutions. The rank list shall be valid till December 31st of the year.
- A candidate who has been ranked and recommended for. admission shall take. admission in the Institution within fifteen days from the date of issue of Memo after paying the required fees in the Office and fulfilling such other requirements as per the admission rules.
- The DIRECTOR of the Institution shall be empowered · to give an extension of time for a further period up to three months to the candidate, if so requested by the .candidate and recommended by the research guide.
- The Research convener of the Recognized Institution shall forward to the University a consolidated list of all those who are admitted to the Ph.D. Programme.The DIRECTOR of the Institution shall be empowered · to give an extension of time for a further period up to three months to the candidate, if so requested by the .candidate and recommended by the research guide
- The University shall allot registration numbers to students admitted for the Doctoral Programme with effect from the date on which he/she was admitted to the Department/Recognized Institution concerned.
- The time table for the admission and registration process will be as decided by the University from time to time., The Institute will time table for the admission and registration process will be as decided by the University from time to time.