Admissions @ IIITM-K
Our aim is to develop human resources with core competence in thrust areas of Computer Science with sound knowledge of theory and with hands-on training in cutting-edge technologies. Being located in Technopark with nearly 400 IT companies, the institute facilitates high level of industry interaction. IIITM-K has a good track record of placing its students in top-notch IT industries and research organizations.
For the detailed eligibility criteria for admission to each course, please visit the respective courses below.
Are You Interested ?
- A few seats are vacant for admissions to MSc Computer Science at Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala (IIITM-K). Interested candidates who meet the eligibility conditions are requested to contact +91 9744141350 in advance. The candidates need to report at IIITM-K campus, Technopark in Thiruvananthapuram on 24th July 2019 at 10.00 AM with all original certificates for 10th Std/matriculation onward. The candidates will have to appear for a written test of 60 minutes duration conducted with sections in English, Verbal Ability, General Knowledge, General Aptitude, Mathematics and Basics of Computer Science. Please visit the courses, for detailed eligibility conditions.
- A few vacant seats are available for M.Phil-Ecological Informatics 2019-20 admissions. Interested candidates who meet the admission eligibility (https://www.iiitmk.ac.in/
course/mphil-ecological- informatics/) are requested to report at the Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala (IIITM-K) during the week starting 08 July 2019 at 10.00 AM with the documents listed here.
How to Apply?
All the Candidates seeking admission to the various programs of IIITM-K have to apply on-line. Admission to the IIITM-K programs will be subject to the selected candidate fulfilling the prescribed eligibility criteria and completing all the formalities of the admission process.
- Final year students can also apply for all the courses.
Kerala: Ernakulam, Kannur, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Palakkad, Perinthalmanna, Thiruvananthapuram , Thrissur
Other Cities: Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkatta, Lucknow, Delhi, Patna, Bhopal,
If sufficient number of applications are not received for a centre, the institute reserves the right to cancel the said centre and shift the applicants of that centre to another nearest centre.
All master’s programmes (MSc and MPhil) are affiliated to Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT).
Admission to MSc programmes will be based on IIITM-K Common Admission Test (ITCAT) / valid GATE score and admissions to M.Phil programmes will be based on IIITM-K Research Aptitude Test (ITRAT) / valid GATE or NET score.
After the selection process, the selected candidates are required to ensure the following:
1. The students who are unable to submit the final mark list in original and provisional degree certificate at the time of admission need to give an undertaking that they will submit the documents by September 30, 2019. The copy of the undertaking is available here . Such candidates need to submit the original mark list and provisional degree certificate as proof of meeting the eligibility criteria by September 30 2019 at the Academic Office of IIITM-K. For eligibility criteria, please check the admission eligibility conditions given for the individual courses. The submitted documents will be further verified by CUSAT. A student can continue the course only if the documents are found in order and the student is found to be meeting the eligibility conditions after the verification of the documents by IIITM-K and CUSAT.
2. Only candidates who have completed the qualifying degree from an institution/ university which is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) need apply. For universities located in India, the university should be a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The list of members of AIU is available here .
3. CUSAT does not recognize degrees offered under Center for Participatory Programmes conducted by off-campus centres of various Universities. Students who have completed their graduation from such centres are therefore not eligible to apply.
4. The CUSAT guidelines for international students will be followed for students who have completed the qualification from a university located in a foreign country .
Exam Syllabus ITCAT
Exam Syllabus ITRAT
Total number of questions: 60
Duration of Examination : 60 Minutes
Each correct answer carries 4 marks and for each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
No negative mark for unattended questions.
|Online Registration||1st March 2020|
|Last date for Online Registration||22nd May 2020|
|Admit Card (Online only)||06th June 2020|
|Written Entrance Examination for all PG Programmes||13th June 2020|
|Result of Written Entrance Examination||16th June 2020|
|Commencement of classes||2nd week of July 2020|
Fee Structure Admissions 2019
- The hostel and mess fee together is expected to be around Rs One lakh per year. The exact figure will be informed at the time of admission. This will be separate from the above course fee and will be applicable to students who avail the hostel and mess facilities
- Candidates may please note that the fee payable to CUSAT/IIITM-K are subject to revision and may increase annually.
- A payment of Rs.30,000/- (Thirty Thousand only) towards the first installment of the tuition fee has to be made at the time of taking admission. Click here to view/download the fee refund policy.