On - Line Entrance Examination
Admissions are based on IIITM-K On Line Entrance Test conducted at centres in Bhuvaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Manipur, Patna, Srinagar and Thiruvananthapuram.
- Online Entrance Examination Date: 02 June 2013
- Reporting time - before 9.15 AM
- Time of commencement of test- 9.30 AM
- Duration of the test - 1 hour.
- You should report at the test centre with one photo identity Letter along with the admit Letter.
Entrance Test Centers and Venue *
|No||Centre Name||Centre ID||Venue||Contact No|
|1||BHR - Bhuvaneshwar||Will be announced later|
|2||CLT - Calicut||Will be announced later|
|3||CHN - Chennai||Will be announced later|
|4||DEL- Delhi||Will be announced later|
|5||HYD - Hyderabad||Will be announced later|
|6||EKM - Kochi||Will be announced later|
|7||KLT - Kolkata||Will be announced later|
|8||MPR - Manipur||Will be announced later|
|9||PTN - Patna||Will be announced later|
|10||SNR - Srinagar||Will be announced later|
|11||TVM - Thiruvananthapuram||Will be announced later|
*NB: In case sufficient candidates are not available at the centre chosen by the candidate, candidate is required to take the test at nearest centre alloted by IIITM-K
Important instruction for the Candidates
- This Admit Letter is issued subject to the Examination Rules of the Institute.
- Admit Letter is valid only for the examination and centre/venue mentioned.
Candidates have to carry, without fail, this Admit Letter along with Photo Identity Letter for producingthem to the Examination Conducting Authority each time at the examination venue for identification.In the absence of the Admit Letter and Identity Letter, candidates will be denied permission to write the Examination.
Mobile Phones are strictly prohibited in the Examination Hall. Institute will not make any arrangement for safe keep of Mobile Phones. Candidates are advised not to carry Mobile Phones to the examination venue.Candidate with Mobile Phone will not be allowed to enter examination hall. Candidate found in possession of Mobile Phone during examination will be treated as having resorted to unfair means and will be liable for action as per the Rules of the Examination.
- Calculators are strictly prohibited in the Examination Hall.
Candidates should not possess and / or use books, notes, periodicals, etc. in the examination hall at the time of examination / or use mathematical tables, slide rules, stencils etc. during the examination.
- Candidates are advised to reach the Examination Venue at least 15 minutes before commencement of the examination.
- No candidate will be permitted to enter the Examination Venue/hall after expiry of 15 minutes and to leave the hall in the first 30 minutes from the scheduled commencement of the examination.
- Candidates would be able to login to the system only with the password mentioned in this Admit Letter. This password should not be disclosed to others. Keep it safe to avoid the possible misuse.
- If the examination could not commence on scheduled time or there is delay due to Failure of power, Technical snag of whatsoever nature or for any such reason having bearing upon the conduct of examination; candidates have to :-
- Wait till resumption of power supply/solving of technical snag.
- Take-up the examination at other venue arranged by the examination conducting authority.
- Follow instructions given by the examination conducting authority.
- Candidates are required to strictly follow all the instructions given by the examination conducting
authority during the examination and adhere to Rules of the examination.
Violation of any of the Rules / Instructions, misuse of the Admit Letter will be considered to
be an act of serious misconduct and the Institute will take action as per the Rules of the examination,which will also be reported to the employer of the candidate.
On - Line Test Syllabus
The final selection will be based on the candidates’ performance in the Online Objective Type Entrance Test/GATE score. Candidates possessing valid GATE score are exempt from entrance test. Applicants for M.Phil with NET are also exempt from appearing the entrance test.
An online test will be held on June 02, 2013. The test will be of one hour duration consisting of 60 objective type questions. The test comprises questions on General Knowledge, General Science, Mathematics, English and Reasoning and Fundamentals of Computer. (Sample Questions)